Suicide Prevention and the Veteran Community
Tuesday, 29 May 2018
|Start Time: 07:30 PM AEST - click here for time zone information |
The Mental Health Professionals’ Network, on behalf of the Department of Veterans' Affairs, is producing a free webinar series to support practitioners to better respond to the mental health needs of veterans.
Register now and better support veterans by increasing your understanding of the risk indicators, warning signs and protective factors for suicide in the veteran community. Learn which supports and resources are most effective in supporting veterans and their immediate family members.
When: Tuesday 29 May 2018
Time: 7:30pm – 8.45pm (AEST)
Where: Online - join via your computer!
• Ms Carmen Betterridge (psychologist, NSW)
• Associate Professor Grant Blashki (GP, Vic)
• Dr Richard Magtengaard (psychiatrist, WA)
• Professor Mark Creamer (clinical psychologist, Vic)
Read more about the panellists.
At the completion of the webinar, participants will be better equipped to:
• Better recognise the risk indicators, warning signs and protective factors for suicide in the veteran community.
• Describe the supports and resources which are most effective in supporting veterans and their families, partners and children impacted by suicide and/or attempted suicide.
• Have increased confidence in supporting the families, partners and/or children of veterans who have experienced suicide and/or attempted suicide.
Webinar ground rules:
Please note, by registering for this webinar you are agreeing to these Ground Rules
Before the webinar:
Check your computer and internet connection meet the minimum requirements by reviewing the Webinar Participation Guide.
Read the vignette, the discussion will be based on.
+ For MHPN to register your participation with the RACGP, please provide your RACGP number.
# For MHPN to register your participation with ACRRM, please provide your ACRRM number.